Covid 19 Updates
Hi friends, bushcrafters, and canoeing enthusiasts,
We have been given the go ahead by the Alberta Government and Paddle Canada to resume offering some of our courses and trips as of June 1, 2020.
However, we will be placing HUGE emphasis on COVID 19 precautions that are laid out by Alberta Heath and Paddle Canada.
COVID 19 Summary Precautions for our Courses:
- For now, we are limiting group sizes to 8 people to facilitate the 2 meter physical distancing recommendations.
- Participants will be required to drive their personal vehicle to the course or trip location.
- Participants are required to bring their own hand sanitizer and face mask to be used on shuttles.
- Each participant will be required to sanitize their hands and don a face mask before entering a shuttle vehicle.
- Door handles and seat belts will be sanitized after each use.
- We will strive for having at least 1 empty space between each passenger in a shuttle vehicle.
- While in a vehicle with others, we are encouraging participants to minimize talking – especially loud animated talking, laughing, shouting, etc. as this is more likely to produce droplets (consider bringing a book to read, listen to music, or other quiet activities instead of conversing on the ride).
- Avoid coughing and sneezing! If you must, use your mask/ elbow pit to contain droplets.
- When overnight camping, we will select a camp on Public Lands, away from any other groups, and individuals will dig cat holes in appropriate areas for washroom breaks. If portable restrooms are used, they must include hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol or hand washing stations with soap, paper towel
- Food, clothing or gear will not be shared among participants.
- Rental Canoe gear will be assigned to individuals and not shared at any time, unless done so by members of the same household.
- Cooking and serving of food will only be done by the guides after donning a face mask and washing hands.
- No participants will be allowed to attend if they are showing or experiencing any signs of illness. Workers, volunteers and patrons must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms using this site from Alberta Health Services: COVID 19 Self Assessment
Below is a glimpse of our new schedule along with links to additional information on each session: We encourage you to contact us via email or phone with any questions or concerns regarding the sessions or COVID 19.
River Canoe Refresher June 20 & June 27. $50 for instruction. $30 to rent canoe and gear. This day trip on the Athabasca River is for anyone who has participated in our Intro Moving Water Canoe Skills Course in the past 10 years. It is also for anyone who has some Class I river experience, and wants to have a fun day of paddling and reviewing basic moving water skills. These River Canoe Refreshers are highly recommended as practice paddling to increase your confidence and skill on class I rivers. RSVP Here....
Moving Water Canoe Skills Introduction - Tandem July 3-5, 2020 New participants $300, Returning Participants $250 More Information here...
Athabasca River Classic Canoe Trip. - Hire our instructors and canoes for your own custom trip. We can provide you with day trips and multi-day trips on class I rivers or lakes, for your family or group. Please contact us to discuss your personal paddling adventure.
Second Offering - Moving Water Canoe Skills Introduction - Tandem August 7-9, 2020 New participants $300, Returning Participants $250 More Information here...
2020 Extended Summer Bushcraft, Wilderness Living Skills/Survival Course - September 13-19, 2020 This is the flagship summer course following the teaching and legacy of Master Woodsman - Mors Kochanski - Imagine participating in a week of incredible bushcraft/survival skills and knowledge, with top instructors who have apprenticed under Mors Kochanski for over 25 years. Please have a look at our YouTube video for a glimpse into this incredible course: To register for this course, go to Karamat Wilderness Ways at this link: https://karamat.com/courses/
Athabasca River Bushcraft Canoe Trip - September 22-27, 2020 Join our certified instructors for 6 days of bushcrafting and paddling skills on the Athabasca River. Combine essential river canoeing skills with traditional bushcraft skills to elevate your outdoor knowledge and experience to an exciting new level. Experience Canada’s wilderness the way it was meant to be experienced – in a loaded canoe, hunting, fishing, and camping as we travel downriver learning and practicing timeless woodsman skills. More Information here...
The Next Step: Please feel free to email or call me with any questions. And be sure to visit our web site calendar to register for one of the above courses. We now have a way for you to subscribe to our Calendar to receive all our courses and trips automatically. Hit the subscribe button on our calendar page. Here is the link: https://www.naturealiveprograms.com/pages/calendar
- We often take spontaneous day trips to rivers like the Freeman, Lobstick, North Sask., Paddle, McLeod, and more. Send me a text or email if you are interested in joining up for a fun run whenever possible.
- Also, we have expanded our programs to include overnight Canoe Tripping, Ladies Only Canoe Trips, Family Trips, and Winter Hot Tent Camping. Please spread the word to your friends who may be interested in hiring us to fully cater a group to to your desired location
- Our YouTube Channel is really growing. Have a look and please subscribe and share the channel to your outdoorsy friends. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcQyNLUWgQddRa17i9XXuA/featured